Forum: Ruby on Rails model - controller always one-on-one?

Gerard (Guest)
Hi All,

Is it necessary to always have a controller per model?

Rephrased:

Would you end up jumping through hoops in the future if you have a
controller
called Customer in which you add methods to create new companies as well
as
new contacts?

Thanx

Regards,

Gerard.

--
"Who cares if it doesn't do anything?  It was made with our new
Triple-Iso-Bifurcated-Krypton-Gate-MOS process ..."

My $Grtz =~ Gerard;
~
:wq!
Manuel H. (Guest)
Am 30.12.2005 um 13:33 schrieb Gerard:

> new contacts?
No

*m
Gerard (Guest)
Manuel,

Was that a 'no' on the 1st or the 2nd question .. :-)

Thanx n Greetz

Gerard.

On Friday 30 December 2005 13:47, Manuel H. tried to type
something
like:
> > well as
> > new contacts?
>
> No
>
> *m

"Who cares if it doesn't do anything?  It was made with our new
Triple-Iso-Bifurcated-Krypton-Gate-MOS process ..."

My $Grtz =~ Gerard;
~
:wq!
Jean H. (Guest)
It is not necessary.

I for one tend to think controller as defining functional domains,
while models define data units

Functionality can depend on multiple models (since it can use data of
multiple kind).

Exemple :
a customer can be thought of as a data unit
a company can be thought of as a data unit

Creating an invoice is a functionality which requires data from both
the customer data unit and the company data unit.

Now that is a good occasion to see just how wrong I could be, let's
see if others agee with me :)

Jean