Forum: Ruby on Rails execution timeout

Guy T. (Guest)
on 2005-12-27 18:17
Hi!
I have a rails action controller method which takes long time to
complete.
After about 4-5 minutes running, I get a "execution expired" error which
stops this method's execution.
I looked and looked, searched and searched, but could not find how to
configure my ActionController's timeout to be greater than the default.

Could anyone help?
Rick O. (Guest)
On 12/27/05, Guy T. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hi!
> I have a rails action controller method which takes long time to
> complete.
> After about 4-5 minutes running, I get a "execution expired" error which
> stops this method's execution.
> I looked and looked, searched and searched, but could not find how to
> configure my ActionController's timeout to be greater than the default.
>
> Could anyone help?

There was just a question on Rails Weenie regarding this:

http://rails.techno-weenie.net/question/2005/12/24...

mad robby even gives some example code for this.

--
rick
http://techno-weenie.net

Guy

Rick O. wrote:
> On 12/27/05, Guy T. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> Hi!
>> I have a rails action controller method which takes long time to
>> complete.
>> After about 4-5 minutes running, I get a "execution expired" error which
>> stops this method's execution.
>> I looked and looked, searched and searched, but could not find how to
>> configure my ActionController's timeout to be greater than the default.
>>
>> Could anyone help?
>
> There was just a question on Rails Weenie regarding this:

http://rails.techno-weenie.net/question/2005/12/24...

> mad robby even gives some example code for this.
>
> --
> rick
> http://techno-weenie.net
Rick O. (Guest)
On 12/28/05, guy tavor <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> The link you specified does not relate to the same problem.
> AM I missing something here?
> will setting a session variable now and again prevent the execution
> timeout?

I was just suggesting you offload the task to an external process and
only report the status in the web app.  But do what you like...

--
rick
http://techno-weenie.net