Forum: Ruby on Rails Books for Beginners

Jim O. (Guest)
on 2005-12-26 22:03
I have experience in PHP/MySQL, but absolutely no experience at all in
Ruby (and Rails) and would love to get a few quality books aimed at
absolutley newbies. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim
Vince W (Guest)
on 2005-12-26 22:50
> I have experience in PHP/MySQL, but absolutely no experience at all in
> Ruby (and Rails) and would love to get a few quality books aimed at
> absolutley newbies. Any suggestions?

http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/rails/index.html

http://poignantguide.net/ruby/

http://www.rubycentral.com/book/preface.html

You also may want to check your area to see if there is a Users Group.
Still trying to figure this all out myself. :o)

Good luck!
Steven S. (Guest)
http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/ruby/index.html

Programming Ruby is a good general Ruby book as well.
Amr M. (Guest)
on 2005-12-27 03:10
You may also want to give this beginner's tutorial a try, it has a 40
page or so PDF tutorial with code examples. I'm finding it quite helpful
:

location: rails.homelinux.org

Tutorial: http://www.rails4days.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Rails4Days.pdf

code examples here:

http://www.rails4days.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/todo_app.zip

HTH,

Amr
Syam P. (Guest)
on 2007-01-25 19:56
Little Book on Ruby is a good for beginners :
You can get the free version from here
http://pspxworld.com/repo/content/155.php

other RUBY Books:     http://pspxworld.com/BOOK/PROGRAMMING/RUBY.php
(Guest)