Forum: Ruby on Rails Installing rails with gem without net connection

Guest (Guest)
on 2005-12-26 13:54
hi,
i am new to ruby on rails. when my box is connected with the net, i am
able to install rails easily with remote option, but i am failling to
install it locally (given that my box is not connected to internet). I
have downloaded rails library. Please some one tell me how can i install
it locally

thanks
Anatol P. (Guest)
go to the folder where you have all reils libs and run

gem install *.gem
Guest (Guest)
on 2005-12-26 14:30
Anatol P. wrote:
> go to the folder where you have all reils libs and run
>
> gem install *.gem

Thanks a lot. i have previously downloaded the zip file but i should
have downloaded the .gem file. thanks again.