Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails + postgresql

john (Guest)
on 2005-12-25 02:24
Are there any code examples of using rails and postgresql - I cannot
seem to get a simple example working (it could be a connect problem or
an active record problem - error msg just says error.  thks.
Marc L. (Guest)
on 2005-12-25 02:30
john wrote:
> Are there any code examples of using rails and postgresql - I cannot
> seem to get a simple example working (it could be a connect problem or
> an active record problem - error msg just says error.  thks.

Maybe you should take a look at http://robbyonrails.com/.  He's Rails +
Postgresql evangelist extraordinare.
Tracy Phillips (Guest)
john wrote:
> Are there any code examples of using rails and postgresql - I cannot
> seem to get a simple example working (it could be a connect problem or
> an active record problem - error msg just says error.  thks.

John,

Make sure you rails application is pointing to the correct database i.e
production or development.

Tracy
john (Guest)
on 2005-12-25 19:36
Tracy Phillips wrote:
> john wrote:
>> Are there any code examples of using rails and postgresql - I cannot
>> seem to get a simple example working (it could be a connect problem or
>> an active record problem - error msg just says error.  thks.
>>

> John,
>
> Make sure you rails application is pointing to the correct database i.e
> production or development.
>
> Tracy

thks, a combination of updating gems and adding a new password (I think
this was the real solution) to the db solved the problem - rails is
working fine now with postgresql.