Forum: Ruby on Rails ruby 1.8.4

Joe Van D. (Guest)
Any known problems with Ruby 1.8.4 and Rails 1.0?
Xavier N. (Guest)
On Dec 24, 2005, at 22:53, Joe Van D. wrote:

> Any known problems with Ruby 1.8.4 and Rails 1.0?

Depot is running fine here, I recompiled drivers for SQLite 3 and MySQL.

-- fxn
Derek C. (Guest)
On 24 Dec 2005, at 10:40pm, Xavier N. wrote:

>> Any known problems with Ruby 1.8.4 and Rails 1.0?
> Depot is running fine here, I recompiled drivers for SQLite 3 and
> MySQL.

Is recompiling the native MySQL driver a necessary step? Mine *seems*
to be working OK, even though I didn't recompile... but now you are
worrying me!!
James Duncan Davidson (Guest)
on 2005-12-27 08:04
Derek C. wrote:

> Is recompiling the native MySQL driver a necessary step? Mine *seems*
> to be working OK, even though I didn't recompile... but now you are
> worrying me!!

It might not be necessary. It might be. I'm paraniod and recompile the
native stuff (mysql, sqlite3, ruby_fcgi, etc) for each release of Ruby
just to be sure. Nothing like a miserable non-deterministic problem to
make your 4AM problems that much worse.