Forum: Ruby ruby 1.8.4 released

Yukihiro M. (Guest)
Merry Christmas!

Ruby 1.8.4 has been released.

  ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/ruby-1.8.4.tar.gz
  md5sum bd8c2e593e1fa4b01fd98eaf016329bb

ChangeLogs can be found at

  ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.8/ChangeLog-1.8.4

And summarized in Japanese at

  http://www.ruby-lang.org/ja/man/?cmd=view;name=rub...

The above page is reserved to translated to English; volunteers are
welcome.

Happy Hacking.

							matz.
Tim Heaney (Guest)
Yukihiro M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:

> Merry Christmas!
>
> Ruby 1.8.4 has been released.

Ossum! I was just thinking about this and then you posted! I mean, We
had 1.8.1 two years ago and 1.8.2 last year. Since 1.8.3 was already
released, I was thinking we weren't going to get a Christmas present
this year. I haven't been paying attention to the realease candidates,
I guess. What a nice surprise!

Thanks and Merry Christmas to you to!

Tim
Robert McGovern (Guest)
On 12/24/05, Yukihiro M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Merry Christmas!
>
> Ruby 1.8.4 has been released.

Thank you Matz and to everyone else for your hard work!

Merry Christmas to you all and I hope you'se have a fantastic New Year.

Rob
Christian N. (Guest)
Robert McGovern <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:

> On 12/24/05, Yukihiro M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> Merry Christmas!
>>
>> Ruby 1.8.4 has been released.
>
> Thank you Matz and to everyone else for your hard work!
>
> Merry Christmas to you all and I hope you'se have a fantastic New Year.

Seconded.

http://chneukirchen.org/blog/archive/2005/12/merry...
Ross B. (Guest)
On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 12:49:26 -0000, Yukihiro M.

> Merry Christmas!
>
> Ruby 1.8.4 has been released.

Thankyou!! And merry Christmas to you, thanks for everyone's hard work
:)

> Happy Hacking.

Just a bit ;)
Jellen (Guest)
Thanks, Matz!
Last year, we have Ruby 1.8.2 at Christmas;
and this year we have Ruby 1.8.4, Great work!

Merry Christmas to you and the ruby-core-dev group!
Antonio C. (Guest)
Yukihiro M. wrote:
> Merry Christmas!
>
> Ruby 1.8.4 has been released.

This is great, matz. Thank you so much for this Xmas present.

Quoting from my blog: "At this point, matz can be considered a sort of
Japanese Santa Claus for all us grown-up geek children ;-)"

Cheers,
Curt H. (Guest)
On 12/24/05, Yukihiro M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Merry Christmas!
>
> Ruby 1.8.4 has been released.
>
> Happy Hacking.
>
>                                                        matz.

Thansk, Matz!

To those people who are wondering when the One-Click Ruby Installer
for Windows for 1.8.4 will be released, it will be as soon as possibe,
but it will probably be at least a few weeks. It is my top priority
task, but I want to make sure that most of the issues with the current
release are fixed.

Thanks for you patience.

Curt
MenTaLguY (Guest)
On Sat, 2005-12-24 at 21:49 +0900, Yukihiro M. wrote:
> Merry Christmas!
>
> Ruby 1.8.4 has been released.

Thanks matz!!  Merry Christmas to you and all the core hackers too!

-mental
Ezra Z. (Guest)
On Dec 24, 2005, at 4:49 AM, Yukihiro M. wrote:

Thank you Matz! Happy Holidays to everyone!

-Ezra
Tom C. (Guest)
On Sat, 2005-12-24 at 21:49 +0900, Yukihiro M. wrote:
> Merry Christmas!
>
> Ruby 1.8.4 has been released.
>
>   ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/ruby-1.8.4.tar.gz
>   md5sum bd8c2e593e1fa4b01fd98eaf016329bb

Mirrored here:

http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=426

Thank you to the Ruby development team, and Merry Christmas to all!

Yours,

Tom
Do Re Mi chel La Si Do (Guest)
Hi!

And, also ActiveRuby 1.8.4.0
Here :  http://arton.hp.infoseek.co.jp/index.html

THANKS!!!

Michel Claveau
Eric C. (Guest)
on 2005-12-26 22:19
Curt H. wrote:
> To those people who are wondering when the One-Click Ruby Installer
> for Windows for 1.8.4 will be released, it will be as soon as possibe,
> but it will probably be at least a few weeks. It is my top priority
> task, but I want to make sure that most of the issues with the current
> release are fixed.
>
> Thanks for you patience.
>
> Curt

Let me know if you would like a copy of Visual Studio 2005.

Google mail: ericrchr
Austin Z. (Guest)
On 26/12/05, Eric C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Let me know if you would like a copy of Visual Studio 2005.
>
> Google mail: ericrchr

I am currently going through the process of trying to compile Ruby
1.8.4 with VS2005 C++ Express with the Windows 2003 SP1 Platform SDK.

-austin
Curt H. (Guest)
Is their any advantage to using VS2005 C++?

Curt