Forum: Ruby Ruby Syntax Highlighter for Nano

Jason J. (Guest)
on 2005-12-24 08:36
I spent around an hour looking for a Ruby syntax highlighter for Nano.
I couldn't find one so I decided to try my best at creating my own.  If
anyone has any suggestions or wants to help improve it, be my guest.

Get it here: http://jungsource.pastebin.com/477379

To install:
Copy and add all of the text from pastebin to the bottom of ~/.nanorc
If .nanorc does not exist create it.

Nanorc doc - http://www.nano-editor.org/dist/v1.2/nanorc.5.html

Note: Tested using Nano 1.2.4 in Fedora Core 3 Linux
Michael F. (Guest)
Hey Jason,

Good work... i've searched for it too, but after looking through the
existing
styles i decided it's not worth the effort and switched to vim
instead...
However, nano has been/and for really quick editing still is, my
favorite
editor.

thx a lot for your effort :)

~~~~ manveru

Am Samstag, 24. Dezember 2005 07:36 schrieb Jason Jung:
J. Ryan S. (Guest)
On Dec 24, 2005, at 1:36 AM, Jason Jung wrote:

> Nanorc doc - http://www.nano-editor.org/dist/v1.2/nanorc.5.html
>
> Note: Tested using Nano 1.2.4 in Fedora Core 3 Linux
>
> --

One quick edit to your script.

If you swap the following two segments, the highlighter won't think "#
{expression}" is a comment.

# Words in Quotes
#color green ""[^\"]*""
color green ""[^"]*"|qq\|.*\|"