Forum: Ruby How can I stop WEBrick running as a daemon

Sam K. (Guest)
Hello!

I'm a newbie linux user and I logged in to my web hosting server and
tested rails.
I ran 'ruby script/server -d' (-d means to run as daemon).
Now I don't know how to stop it.
I don't have the root's power.

TIA.

Sam
Lyndon S. (Guest)
On 12/23/05, Sam K. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm a newbie linux user and I logged in to my web hosting server and
> tested rails.
> I ran 'ruby script/server -d' (-d means to run as daemon).
> Now I don't know how to stop it.
> I don't have the root's power.

You started the process, so you can kill it. If you didn't start it with
nohup it might have died when you logged out anyhow.

Research ps and kill.

TIA.
Matias S. (Guest)
Sam K.