Forum: Ruby on Rails Installing Ruby on Shared Linux Host

Eugene (Guest)
on 2005-12-23 07:56
Hi. I tried to follow the Howto instructions on installing ruby on rails
on shared linux host. After uploading and uncompressing ruby 1.8.2, I
ran the configure script, and here is the output:

-jailshell-2.05b$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ruby
--exec-prefix=/usr/local/ruby
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check

why am I getting this error?
any help appreciated.
Guest (Guest)
on 2006-04-27 17:39
Eugene wrote:
> checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
> configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check

please, help!