Forum: Ruby on Rails Re: Switchtower, Windows & Setup

Marc L. (Guest)
Did you svn:executable and svn:eol-style properties on your
dispatch.fcgi file and all the files in your script folder?  If you're
deploying from Windows to Linux, subversion has to know that these files
are supposed to be executable and that their end-of-line characters need
to be changed for the *nix environment.

If you need help doing this, let me know.

>>> removed_email_address@domain.invalid 12/22/05 09:18AM >>>
jamis wrote:
> What version of the Net::SSH gem do you have installed? There was a
> problem with 1.0.2 that caused problems on windows. Please try
> upgrading your Net::SSH gem to the latest (1.0.3) and let me know if
> that makes any difference.
>
> - Jamis

Hm.  I've got the same thing going on right now.  I am using net-ssh
1.0.3 and switchtower 0.9.0.

I'm stuck.

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use of the intended recipient.
Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all
copies of it from your system.
The sender accepts no responsibility for viruses and it is your
responsibility to scan attachments (if any).
No contracts may be concluded on behalf of the sender by means of email
communications unless expressly stated to the contrary.
==================DISCLAIMER================================
Jake J. (Guest)
on 2005-12-22 22:33
Marc L. wrote:
> Did you svn:executable and svn:eol-style properties on your
> dispatch.fcgi file and all the files in your script folder?  If you're
> deploying from Windows to Linux, subversion has to know that these files
> are supposed to be executable and that their end-of-line characters need
> to be changed for the *nix environment.
>
> If you need help doing this, let me know.

Hi Marc-

Yes, I've done that.  While I don't quite understand how Switchtower is
working yet, I don't see how this would matter for the "setup" stuff.
I'm under the impression that "setup" just wants to get to my server and
create some directories and possibly do an 'svn export' of my project.
I'm not even far enough yet to where I'm starting Apache.

   Jake