Forum: Ruby on Rails [NEWB] How to access database.yml parameters in a controller

Mathieu C. (Guest)

Are the active database.yaml attributes for the current environment
(dev, prod, test) available inside a controler ?

adapter, host, db, socks, etc.

AFIK Class#connection don't give back theses infos.

Thanks
Peter D. (Guest)
On 12/23/05, Mathieu C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Are the active database.yaml attributes for the current environment
> (dev, prod, test) available inside a controler ?

ActiveRecord::Base.configurations[RAILS_ENV.to_sym]['database']
ActiveRecord::Base.configurations[RAILS_ENV.to_sym]['host']
ActiveRecord::Base.configurations[RAILS_ENV.to_sym]['adapter']

--
Cheers,

Peter D.

Blog: http://www.RealityForge.org