Forum: Ruby on Rails Patch Cycle

Brian T. (Guest)
Hello,

I submitted a patch <http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/3287> (
http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/3287) a couple of days ago. The patch
adds
some methods into and changes the existing methods in the CaptureHelper
module. It should not, as I can see, affect any existing Rails
implementations.

I added the relevant unit tests and all but one of the tests pass. The
test
that fails failed since I started using Edge Rails (before I made
changes)
and seems unrelated.
<http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/3287>
This is my first patch that affects any code in Rails. How long does it
typically take to get feedback on a patch of this nature?
Are things backlogged right now with the release of 1.0.0?
Francois B. (Guest)
Hi !

2005/12/21, Brian T. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> This is my first patch that affects any code in Rails. How long does it
> typically take to get feedback on a patch of this nature?
> Are things backlogged right now with the release of 1.0.0?

It's always taken a long time for any of my patches to be accepted.
Your best bet is to send a message to rails-core, and discuss the
matter there.  Ask for a public review.

Bye !
David Heinemeier H. (Guest)
> > This is my first patch that affects any code in Rails. How long does it
> > typically take to get feedback on a patch of this nature?
> > Are things backlogged right now with the release of 1.0.0?

We definitely have a significant backlog on processing new tickets for
Rails. The 1.0 crunch was a sprint and most of the core team is taking
some restitution from that to work on their real job for a bit ;). So
to you and everyone else with stuff in the queue, we appreciate your
patience.
--
David Heinemeier H.
http://www.basecamphq.com   -- Online project management