Forum: Ruby on Rails Engines Generator & Howto Extract an Engine

Jon L. (Guest)
= Engines Generator =
Now part of the Engines plugin, you can generate your very own engines.

$ script/plugin install engines
$ script/generate engine MyEngine

= Howto Extract an Engine =
I have also written a little documentation on how to extract an engine
out of an existing application:
http://rails-engines.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Ex...

= Changelog =
http://opensvn.csie.org/rails_engines/plugins/engi...

Regards,
Jon
--
http://www.snowblink.co.uk/
Obie F. (Guest)

> Joe then checks this has not messed up his existing application
>
> $ script/server
>
> He tries the web browser
>
> HTTP://localhost:3000/upload
>
> All is still well.

Cool idea. I especially like the way you made the generator script
interactive and integrated choice of OSS license.

Cheers,
Obie