Forum: Ruby X-Chat Ruby

Jason J. (Guest)
on 2005-12-20 23:39
I have been looking all over for documentation on writing X-Chat scripts
using Ruby, but I still can't find any.  Nor can I find any scripts
other than those included in the XChat-Ruby Plugin (
http://xchat-ruby.sourceforge.net/ ).  If anyone can help me with either
I would be very grateful.
Jamis B. (Guest)
On Dec 20, 2005, at 2:40 PM, Jason Jung wrote:

> I have been looking all over for documentation on writing X-Chat
> scripts
> using Ruby, but I still can't find any.  Nor can I find any scripts
> other than those included in the XChat-Ruby Plugin (
> http://xchat-ruby.sourceforge.net/ ).  If anyone can help me with
> either
> I would be very grateful.

Note that XChat-Ruby has not been updated in ages, and may not even
work with Ruby > 1.8.0. It was one of my first forays into writing C
bindings for Ruby, and as such is full of things I'd never dare do
now. Since I am no longer using XChat, though, I'm unlikely to
revisit those bindings.

- Jamis
Neil S. (Guest)
Jamis B. wrote:
> work with Ruby > 1.8.0. It was one of my first forays into writing C
> bindings for Ruby, and as such is full of things I'd never dare do  now.
> Since I am no longer using XChat, though, I'm unlikely to  revisit those
> bindings.

It works fine here.  I use it, using a combination of the included
sample scripts, the sources, and other x-chat plugins as documentation.

--
Neil S. - removed_email_address@domain.invalid

'A republic, if you can keep it.' -- Benjamin Franklin