Forum: Ruby Rails + Amazon

Rubena Rub (Guest)

I am new to ruby and just trying to get into Rails. Very interesting
and I hope I will be getting into it fast... thanks a lot to all the
amazing work done on this project!

OK, my question now ;)

How to integrate Amazon product search into rails? I want to put some
books on my site wih he amazon API.

I found this:

http://journal.gleepglop.com/articles/2005/06/06/a...

but unfortunately the example code is 404ed and I am not quite sure if
I understood everything.

So I f there is some more rails + amazone info out there I would be
happy if someone could point me there!

Thanks!

Rubena
(Guest)
Hey Rubena !

I'm sure the Rails + Amazon integration has a lot smaller code base
than the other integrations... that's for sure :)

Since this is the Ruby group, you may want to post this to the Rails
mailing list, at:

Ruby doesn't imply Rails.

Thanks !
==
Dylan
Harpo (Guest)

> Ruby doesn't imply Rails.

I've heard things about rails on this NG, what is it ?
Cam (Guest)
it's a rad web-application framework:

www.rubyonrails.org

cam
Harpo (Guest)
Cam wrote:

> it's a rad web-application framework:
>
> www.rubyonrails.org

Great ! Thanks !
Harpo (Guest)
Harpo wrote:

> Cam wrote:
>
>> it's a rad web-application framework:
>>
>> www.rubyonrails.org
>
> Great ! Thanks !

I'm afraid I missed something. what 'rad' means ?
Chad P. (Guest)
On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 05:57:57AM +0900, Harpo wrote:
> I'm afraid I missed something. what 'rad' means ?
It's an '80s-vintage synonym for "cool" or "awesome", derived from
"radical".

--
Chad P. [ CCD CopyWrite | http://ccd.apotheon.org ]

JB Eriksson (Guest)
rad means rapid application development, but it's also the name of a
comic
supervillain, apparently.
unknown (Guest)
Quoting H. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:

> I'm afraid I missed something. what 'rad' means ?
Like, totally awesome, dude.

Or maybe Rapid Application Development.

Either interpretation is equally appropriate.

-mental