Forum: Ruby on Rails re-selecting a select list on create

Steven R. (Guest)
I have a select list tht is built from a "collection_select" and I want
reselect the value the user submitted if any part of the form errors.

could someone point me in the right direction for doing this?

my select looks like this

collection_select(:company, :id, @companies, :id, :name)

I tried setting the variable @company to param[:company]  but that didnt
work.