Forum: Ruby on Rails update_attrbutes without saving?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Rub=E9n_Gil?= (Guest)
Hello all,

Is there a method for updating all the attributes from a hash without
saving to the database? (the counterpart of update_attributes but
without saving).

What I want to do is:

person = Person.find(params[:id])
person.update_without_saving(params[:person]) #update the in-memory
object.
# Process person object
person.save

I know that when you are creating a new object, you can use Person.new
(updates in memory object) or Person.create (updates and saves to the
database), but don't know if the second option (apart from
update_attributes that saves to the database) exist when updating.

Thanks in advance,

Ruben

extreme development, S.L.
Paseig del Ferrocarril 335, Planta 3
08860 Castelldefels

Tel.  93 145 87 20
Fax. 93 145 87 21
Lugovoi N. (Guest)
Rubén Gil wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Is there a method for updating all the attributes from a hash without
> saving to the database? (the counterpart of update_attributes but
> without saving).

Person.attributes = params[:person]
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Rub=E9n_Gil?= (Guest)
Lugovoi,