Forum: Ruby on Rails Timestamping Log messages in Rails

List R. (Guest)
on 2005-12-18 07:56
How can I tell Rails to use the default format for all of it's logs -
that is, with severity and a timestamp?

Even better, is there a way I can add the IP, and maybe the session
identifier, of the current request for all entries?  (I'd like this even
for models, to know which request the model calls belong to).  Stuff
like this is critical for following the log steam on a busy site.
List R. (Guest)
on 2005-12-18 19:00
Just a follow up:  How can tell rails to timestamp the log messages with
severity and time?