Forum: Ruby on Rails could you give me a hand?

joe-balck (Guest)
on 2005-12-18 05:54
hi.
   i try to record a global array to save on-line member.
it's put this array in controllers/application.rb or not?
my code like this:

$online_users = Array.new

and each member sign in will add himself to $online_users.

miss something?

all regards
Ezra Z. (Guest)
On Dec 17, 2005, at 7:54 PM, joe-balck wrote:

> all regards
>
> --

Joe-

	Here is a little article that explains one way of showing who's
online like you want:

http://blog.caboo.se/articles/2005/12/15/whos-online

Cheers-

-Ezra Z.
WebMaster
Yakima Herald-Republic Newspaper
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
509-577-7732
joe-balck (Guest)
on 2005-12-18 06:17
Ezra:
  thanks a lot.  i do like here. i think here is the best forum.
  god bless here.
cheers

Ezra Z. wrote:
> On Dec 17, 2005, at 7:54 PM, joe-balck wrote:
>

>> all regards
>>
>> --

> Joe-
>
> 	Here is a little article that explains one way of showing who's
> online like you want:
>
> http://blog.caboo.se/articles/2005/12/15/whos-online
>
> Cheers-
>
> -Ezra Z.
> WebMaster
> Yakima Herald-Republic Newspaper
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid
> 509-577-7732
joe-balck (Guest)
on 2005-12-18 06:38
i readed that blog, and i think use db to do this is too expensive.
any one have better way.
i think 'ASP' have a application to save globals variable, but i'm not
sure
rails can do same job.