Forum: Ruby on Rails Testing flickr

eledu (Guest)
on 2005-12-17 22:23
Hi, I watched the flickr demo video some days ago and I was impressed of
Rails so I decided to test it my self.. I put it on my web server on
windows (Apache2/fcgi/Rails1.0). All works well but I have this in my
log:

Processing FlickrController#search (for 127.0.0.1 at 2005-12-17
15:00:02) [POST]
  Parameters: {"commit"=>"Find", "tags"=>"flower", "action"=>"search",
"controller"=>"flickr"}
Rendered flickr/_photo (1.45200)
Rendered flickr/_photo (1.53300)
.
.(some other photos, 24 total)
.
Rendered flickr/_photo (1.30200)
Completed in 36.62200 (0 reqs/sec) | Rendering: 35.35100 (96%) | 200 OK
[http://flickr/flickr/search]

I think something is wrong with that because the video shows 24 photos
rendered in about 4sec. Is it a Windows problem? Is it my pc? or my
internet connection?

I will try the same test in linux to compare, btw my pc is a PIII 1.0ghz

Regards
Patrice Neff (Guest)
eledu wrote:

> Hi, I watched the flickr demo video some days ago and I was
> impressed of
> Rails so I decided to test it my self.. I put it on my web server on
> windows (Apache2/fcgi/Rails1.0). All works well but I have this in my
> log:

Sorry, I don't know what video you're talking about. Can you link it?

> I will try the same test in linux to compare, btw my pc is a PIII
> 1.0ghz

If this application gets the pictures from flickr.com directly, then
the speed can vary a LOT. Primarily depends on your own network
speed, Flickr's current health and the path between your computer and
Flickr's server.

Patrice
Anthony Baker (Guest)
It also might be that Flickr is down for maintenance.

I'm currently getting a "Flickr is having a massage" message when trying
access my account.

/Ant