Forum: Ruby how to update gems package version listed by rubygems?

kwatch (Guest)
How to tell rubygems to update gems package version?

I had released my software (named 'kwalify') version 0.4.1
and have just released 0.5.0.
It is uploaded to RubyForge, but rubygems shows old version.

  example:  rubygems show old version.
    $ gem list --remote kwalify

    *** REMOTE GEMS ***

    kwalify (0.3.0, 0.2.0, 0.1.0)
        a tiny schema validator for YAML document.
On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 06:34:50 -0000, kwatch

> How to tell rubygems to update gems package version?

I just had a look through your Gem, and it looks to me like you've been
hit with an incompatibility between YAML and Ruby 1.8.3. It was
discussed
a bit here recently but I can't find the thread :(

If that does sound like you (on Ruby 1.8.3) then you could try the
following workaround (I have it in my Rakefile):

   # Quick fix for Ruby 1.8.3 / YAML bug
   if (RUBY_VERSION == '1.8.3')
     def spec.to_yaml
       out = super
       out = '--- ' + out unless out =~ /^---/
       out

Hope that helps,
Ross
kwatch (Guest)
Thanks Ross, I adopt your workaround and confirmed that
my *.gem package is listed by 'gem list --remote'.
Ross B. (Guest)
On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 22:01:06 -0000, kwatch

> Thanks Ross, I adopt your workaround and confirmed that
> my *.gem package is listed by 'gem list --remote'.

You're welcome, but we should really thank the person who posted it
before, when I was stuck on this same thing ;)
(As I say, I can't find it in the archive, but thanks again whoever it
was).