Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails Plugins

Rohit M. (Guest)
on 2005-12-16 22:22
Hi
i just got to plugin development, hav to develop a plugin for a model ,
in which i m using object from another model as well as cart .

i saw some basic example for plugins , trying to do with them
can anybody help with some detailed code for plugins developed, or some
good examples ?

thanks in advance
Cody F. (Guest)
Rohit,

Check out http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/Plugins for a list
of current plugins.

Cody

On 12/16/05, rohit mehra <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> --

http://www.codyfauser.com
Rohit M. (Guest)
on 2005-12-19 16:47
Cody F. wrote:
> Rohit,
>
> Check out http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/Plugins for a list
> of current plugins.
>
> Cody

Thanks cody

i have one more question:
what if my code (i want to make plugin for), contains call to some other
tables, getting data from them as per need?
How may i assure that user have some table like that, or i implement the
code in similar tables?

hope i am able to let you understood the prob i m facing...
i checked "acts_as_authenticated" plugin , it use generators , make
models & views, should i go that way?
is that only way?

or should i opt for Engines?

i know i am asking too much , but ..plz tell
really thanks
Rick O. (Guest)
> hope i am able to let you understood the prob i m facing...
> i checked "acts_as_authenticated" plugin , it use generators , make
> models & views, should i go that way?
> is that only way?
>
> or should i opt for Engines?
>
> i know i am asking too much , but ..plz tell
> really thanks

It depends on your needs.  I wrote acts_as_authenticated with the
assumption you're going to take it and run with it for your own
nefarious purposes.  I find a generator is best for that.  If you look
at acts_as_authenticated, you'll see that it uses generators to write
out migration scripts.  Just add a note in your README to run your
migration generator first.

--
rick
http://techno-weenie.net

That is the right place, but Radiant includes its own version of RSpec.
However, it shouldn't conflict with the other plugins...

Sean
Pat Allan (Guest)
Hi Sean

I've installed all four of those plugins - but when I run script/
generate, it doesn't know about the cucumber generators.

--
Pat
Pat Allan (Guest)

Is there anything I can do to help debug why generators aren't
working? It's not something I'm particularly knowledgeable about with
Rails. Would it be a Rails thing? Or Radiant-related?

--
Pat
Sean C. (Guest)

If you have some time right now, let's powwow on the IRC channel.  Maybe
we can figure this out.

Sean
Pat Allan (Guest)
Update for the list: managed to get a solution figured out so
generators in vendor/plugins are now loaded. Change is in GitHub.

Thanks Sean for the help.

--
Pat