Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: Re: Re: PROPOSAL: The list needs to fork (desperately).

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Torben_W=F6lm?= (Guest)
What is wrong with forking the list? Many other projects have forked
lists so what is the reason it cannot be done for this list?

Opening your mail client to see that more than 300 mails have arrived
within the last 16 hours is ridiculous. Unless you have nothing else to
do...

/Torben
Michael G. (Guest)
On Dec 16, 2005, at 16:36 , Torben Wölm wrote:

> What is wrong with forking the list? Many other projects have
> forked lists so what is the reason it cannot be done for this list?

Also, there is nothing preventing people from subscribing to more
than one list: novices who need help getting started and want to
follow what non-beginners are discussing can subscribe to two (or
three) lists, as can non-beginners who want to help out those just
starting out. It's only limiting or splitting the community if you
want to see it that way. Another way to look at it is focussing
resources to where they're best applied.

I think a well-maintained faq is also very helpful (along online
docs) for referencing people to, uh, frequently answered questions.

Michael G.
grzm myrealbox com
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Thibaut_Barr=E8re?= (Guest)

what do you think of adding this list to gmane ? It helps a lot for the
searches.

Thibaut
Jan P. (Guest)
Hi, Thibaut,

just for your bookmarks:

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.rails

as well as

http://www.ruby-forum.com

Regards
Jan
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Thibaut_Barr=E8re?= (Guest)
I had search before but could not find it... Which lead me to the false
conclusion it was not there.

Thanks!

Thibaut
Tomas J. (Guest)
Splitting the list based on user "types" would be a bad idea, IMHO.

Instead, I'd suggest splitting based on topic, for instance: into
rails-support and rails-discussion

Regards,
Tomas J.