Forum: Ruby on Rails define_method with parameters

Wiebe C. (Guest)

I'm trying to write a macro which defines methods. One of these should
have a parameter, but I can't get that to work. Something like:

define_method("printstuff") do
    puts "blabla"
end

works fine. But, how do I use define_method to create something like:

def printstuff(the_stuff)
    puts the_stuff
end

Thanks in advance.
Jack C. (Guest)
Wiebe C. (Guest)
on 2005-12-15 16:49
Jack C. wrote:

Is there something wrong with the forum-to-list gateway, or is your
reply actually empty?
BigSmoke (Guest)
On 12/15/05, Wiebe C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Jack C. wrote:
> >

> Is there something wrong with the forum-to-list gateway, or is your
> reply actually empty?
>
> --

Something must be wrong with the forum-to-list gateway, since I can
see his relpy just fine.

  - Rowan