Forum: Ruby on Rails uninitialized constant Mysql

Micheal Jackson (Guest)
I'm trying to get RoR working, and followed this tutorial:
http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/Tutorial

however - something's wrong with the mysql-connection. When i run
"rake" i get this error:

<code>
$ ~/rails $ rake
(in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/rails)
rake aborted!
uninitialized constant Mysql
./Rakefile:151
</code>

I don't belive it's the mysql database since it works fine from
phpmyadmin, i trippl-checked config/database.yml and i've created the
necessary databases.

Any idea about what the problem could be?

thanks in advance
IEB (Guest)
on 2006-06-25 13:36
Micheal Jackson wrote:

> <code>
> $ ~/rails $ rake
> (in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/rails)
> rake aborted!
> uninitialized constant Mysql
> ./Rakefile:151
> </code>

This looks like you need Rails' MySql plugin.
Gem should be able to get it, but I used YaST (being a SUSEr)

HTH-IEB