Forum: Ruby on Rails console and webrick problems

Jason E. (Guest)

I'm having errors when running webrick or the console. webrik starts,
but give me an error when I try to load my controller. It give the same
error as the console:

#ruby  script/console
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.0.0/lib/commands/console.rb:23:in
`exec': No such file or directory - irb  -r irb/completion -r
script/../config/../config/environment --prompt-mode simple
(Errno::ENOENT)
        from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.0.0/lib/commands/console.rb:23
        from /usr/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21:in
`require'
        from
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.2.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:214:in
`require'
        from script/console:3

My app works on windows, where I develop, but i haven't gotten it to
work on my fedora 3 server yet. I've got gnu realine and ncurses
installed as suggested in the ruby realine docs. I'm using the ruby
packages from fedora.

Any insights?

Sincerely,
Jason
Peter F. (Guest)
On 12/14/05, Jason E. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> `exec': No such file or directory - irb  -r irb/completion -r
>         from script/console:3
> Jason

I'm thinking you're missing the ruby runtimes in your path.  I've hit
the
/usr .vs. /usr/local mixup everytime I've tested with linux.

--
Jason E. (Guest)
Peter F. wrote:

>     error as the console:
>     `require'
>     packages from fedora.
>

> I'm thinking you're missing the ruby runtimes in your path.  I've hit
> the /usr .vs. /usr/local mixup everytime I've tested with linux.

ugh!

I hadn't installed the irb rpm for fedora 3! It should be named
ruby-irb. No wonder I missed it!

That mystery is solved.

Thanks,
Jason