Forum: Ruby Maintainer of ipaddr.rb ?

Hadmut D. (Guest)

any idea who is currently maintaining the ipaddr.rb library code?

The file header says it was Hajimu UMEMOTO, but the library seems to not
have been touched since 2002, maybe Hajimu is not working on it anymore.

There are a few flaws and shortcomings, functions are missing, and maybe
some security issues.

regards
Hadmut D.
Yukihiro M. (Guest)

In message "Re: Maintainer of ipaddr.rb ?"
    on Wed, 14 Dec 2005 06:32:39 +0900, Hadmut D.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
writes:

|any idea who is currently maintaining the ipaddr.rb library code?
|
|The file header says it was Hajimu UMEMOTO, but the library seems to not
|have been touched since 2002, maybe Hajimu is not working on it anymore.

I haven't seen him for a while.

|There are a few flaws and shortcomings, functions are missing, and maybe
|some security issues.

Can you report it to the ruby-core mailing list at
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>?
We can work on it.

You have to subscribe it before posting.  Send a mail with the body
"subscribe Your N." to <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>.

							matz.
Gyoung-Yoon N. (Guest)
On 12/14/05, Hadmut D. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> regards
> Hadmut D.

Hi,

I think (preferably) ruby-core, or here ruby-talk is the right place to
discuss on what you've mentioned. You don't even need to specify
the responsible person. It would be ok only to tell problems,
suggestions, or patches.

Many ears hear you, and someone (not me) can help you.