Forum: Ruby on Rails RoR 1.0!

Jeremy M. (Guest)
on 2005-12-13 22:12
The RoR web site has been revised along with the release, go check it
out!

http://rubyonrails.org
Joe Van D. (Guest)
On 12/13/05, Jeremy M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> The RoR web site has been revised along with the release, go check it
> out!

I hope that mysql bug that drops the connection after ten minutes of
no activity got fixed...
Wilson B. (Guest)
On 12/13/05, Jeremy M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> The RoR web site has been revised along with the release, go check it
> out!
>
> http://rubyonrails.org

NOW it scales. Finally. Heh.
Michael K. (Guest)
> NOW it scales. Finally. Heh.

One day we'll even be ready for the enterprise ;)

--
Cheers

Koz
Kyle M. (Guest)
Not until we rename Rails 1.5 to Rails 5.
Abdur-Rahman A. (Guest)
LOL, Thats a comment we should put on the frontpage :)
Julian 'Julik' Tarkhanov (Guest)
On 13-dec-2005, at 21:12, Jeremy M. wrote:

> The RoR web site has been revised along with the release, go check it
> out!
>
> http://rubyonrails.org

Anyone got any champagne at hand?

--
Julian 'Julik' Tarkhanov
me at julik.nl
Carl Y. (Guest)
I noticed on the download page (http://rubyonrails.org/down) it says
that OS X users should follow this guide:

http://hivelogic.com/articles/2005/12/01/ruby_rail...

Did anybody consider also adding Locomotive to that page as an
alternative?  If you're going for ease of use and quick installation,
it seems like a much better option.

Carl
Carl Y. (Guest)
Clarification: I meant add it to the download page, not the guide.
Thomas F. (Guest)
See the bottom of the page :)

Am 13.12.2005 um 22:40 schrieb Carl Y.:
Carl Y. (Guest)
Ahh, there it is, sorry for the false alarm :-)
Tom D. (Guest)
Joe Van D. (Guest)
On 12/13/05, Tom D. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> It has been fixed :)

I hope so, as it wasn't fixed in the last RC.
Richard S. (Guest)
So what do I need to do with existing rails apps when there is a Rails
update? What's the best resource for working out what I should do?
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jean-Fran=E7ois?= (Guest)
Richard S. :
> So what do I need to do with existing rails apps when there is a Rails
> update? What's the best resource for working out what I should do?

Check :  http://manuals.rubyonrails.com/read/book/19

      -- Jean-François.

--
À la renverse.
Pat M. (Guest)
> Richard S. :
> > So what do I need to do with existing rails apps when there is a Rails
> > update? What's the best resource for working out what I should do?
>
> Check :  http://manuals.rubyonrails.com/read/book/19

DHH said in the OP that you just need to update your gems and then run
"rake update_javascripts" to get the latest javascript files.
Assuming that you're at 0.14.x that's all there is to it.
Peter D. (Guest)

On 12/14/05, Joe Van D. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> On 12/13/05, Jeremy M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > The RoR web site has been revised along with the release, go check it
> > out!
>
> I hope that mysql bug that drops the connection after ten minutes of
> no activity got fixed...

It does not seem to be. Unfortunately it makes rails practically
un-usable using ruby driver and mysql. I am in the process of
migrating to postgres...

--
Cheers,

Peter D.

Blog: http://www.RealityForge.org
Joe Van D. (Guest)
> It does not seem to be. Unfortunately it makes rails practically
> un-usable using ruby driver and mysql. I am in the process of
> migrating to postgres...

The bug I was talking about is fixed, at least for me.