Forum: Ruby pdfwriter printing

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Pe=F1a=2C_Botp?= (Guest)
Hi All,

pdfwriter rocks but me brain does not :)
how does one print a pdf object using ruby? i can create it fine using
#save_as. i was looking for something like #print...

i'd like to print it in windows and linux env.

thanks and kind regards -botp
Joe Van D. (Guest)
On 12/12/05, Peña, Botp <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> pdfwriter rocks but me brain does not :)
> how does one print a pdf object using ruby? i can create it fine using #save_as. i was
looking for something like #print...

> i'd like to print it in windows and linux env.
>
> thanks and kind regards -botp

Doubt you can print straight from Ruby.

However, in Linux and maybe OS X, you can execute shell commands that
will print stuff.  `lpr #{ file_name_of_pdf_file }` should print the
file to some default printer.  No clue about Windows.
Patrick H. (Guest)
From the annoyingly (thought not surprisingly) PDF formatted document
(http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/acro...

AcroRd32.exe /p pathname
Executes Adobe Reader and displays the Print dialog box.

AcroRd32.exe /t path "printername" "drivername" "portname"
Initiates Adobe Reader and prints a file, whose path must be fully
specified, while suppressing the Print dialog box. The four parameters
of the /t option evaluate to path, printername, drivername,

HIH
pth