    @foo=Array.new
    @foo << [:a,:b,[:c]]
  end
  def test_foo
    assert_instance_of Hash,@foo

I'd like to have the

"  1) Failure:
test_foo(FooTester) [-:16]:
<[[:a, :b, [:c]]]> expected to be an instance of
<Hash> but was
<Array>."

written a bit shorter, perhaps like this:

"  1) Failure:
test_foo(FooTester) [-:16]:
instance of <Hash> expected but was <Array>."

because sometimes I have very large objects to compare. I was not
successful by setting use_pp=false, somehow there is no difference
between those two (with and w/o use_pp=false).

Patrick
pat eyler (Guest)
you should grab unitdiff from the ZenTest package, available at
http://rubyforge.org/projects/zentest/

it will work wonders on cleaning up large amounts of testing feedback.

-pate
Patrick G. (Guest)
> you should grab unitdiff from the ZenTest package, available at
> http://rubyforge.org/projects/zentest/
>
> it will work wonders on cleaning up large amounts of testing feedback.

does it also clean up the messages? Couldn't find anything in the docs
about it.

[...]

On 12/12/05, Patrick G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> > you should grab unitdiff from the ZenTest package, available at
> > http://rubyforge.org/projects/zentest/
> >
> > it will work wonders on cleaning up large amounts of testing feedback.
>
> does it also clean up the messages? Couldn't find anything in the docs
> about it.

Ahh, I misread your request.  No it doesn't clean up the message.
James G. (Guest)
On Dec 12, 2005, at 11:07 AM, Patrick G. wrote:

>> you should grab unitdiff from the ZenTest package, available at
>> http://rubyforge.org/projects/zentest/
>>
>> it will work wonders on cleaning up large amounts of testing
>> feedback.
>
> does it also clean up the messages? Couldn't find anything in the docs
> about it.

Yes and no.  It show's a diff of the two items that were suppose to
be equal.  This is almost a required feature when working with
assert_tag() in Rails, for example.

James Edward G. II