billk (Guest)
From: "Trans" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
> What did the Rubyist say to the duck?
>
>  "What type are you?"
>
> What did the duck say back?
>
>  "Does it matter?"

To quack or not to quack, that is the question.

 O:-)
Jules J. (Guest)
on 2005-12-10 21:10
:) :)

Would fit in Why's Guide to Ruby.
djberg96 (Guest)
Trans wrote:
> What did the Rubyist say to the duck?
>
>   "What type are you?"
>
> What did the duck say back?
>
>   "Does it matter?"
>
> T.

Why did the duck cross the road?

To respond to the other method.

That, and the chicken retired.

- Dan
trashcan (Guest)
Daniel B. wrote:

> Why did the duck cross the road?

There was an instance of road, an instance of duck and an instance of
farmer who planned to make an instance of duck soup for dinner.
Timothy H. (Guest)
Daniel B. wrote:
> Why did the duck cross the road?
>
> To respond to the other method.

Q. How many ducks does it take to change a lightbulb?
A. (0..4). 1.to_f, 2.to_s, and (0..2).to_a
sgentle (Guest)
On 12/11/05, Daniel B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Why did the duck cross the road?

Because road.is_a? Crossable returned true.

Sam
ezra (Guest)
On Dec 10, 2005, at 1:47 PM, Daniel B. wrote:

> Why did the duck cross the road?
>
> To respond to the other method.
>
> That, and the chicken retired.
>
> - Dan

If a duck quacks in the woods... Does anyone.respond_to? his calls?

-Ezra Z.
WebMaster
Yakima Herald-Republic Newspaper
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
509-577-7732
luc (Guest)
On 10 déc. 05, at 23:27, Ezra Z. wrote:

> If a duck quacks in the woods... Does anyone.respond_to? his calls?

In ObjectSpace, nobody can hear you quack.
John C. (Guest)
On Sun, 11 Dec 2005, Ezra Z. wrote:

>>>   "Does it matter?"
>

> If a duck quacks in the woods... Does anyone.respond_to? his calls?

You guys are Quacking me up. This is riDuckulous!

Anyhoo, a Javadroid would say "What type are you?" and the Ruby duck
would
give that reply.

A Rubyist would say, "If I asked you to Quack, would you respond?" Or
using the postfix "unless"...

"Quickly Quack unless have Qualms!"

...and promptly get nibbled to death by Ducks.

I'll Quit now and go Quietly with no more Quirks.

John C.                             Phone : (64)(3) 358 6639
PO Box 1645 Christchurch                Email :
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
New Zealand

Carter's Clarification of Murphy's Law.

"Things only ever go right so that they may go more spectacularly wrong
later."

From this principle, all of life and physics may be deduced.
Pete (Guest)
Java: What type are you?

public final class Duck extends AbstractAnimal implements MayQuack,
CanSwim

AbstractAnimal extends Lifeform

Lifeform extends Object

oh, well... hail to type-safety :-)

just say quack, god-damn-it !

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 20:55:14 +0100, John C.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Kevin O. (Guest)
on 2005-12-11 22:30
"What's in a Type? That which we call a Duck
by any other class identifier would quack as loudly."

Even Shakespeare got it.