Forum: Ruby on Rails Session file

tmatsumoto (Guest)
Hi

Does anyone know where the session file, storing cookie data, is?

Thanks,

Todd
Ed -. (Guest)
on 2005-11-17 19:23

> Does anyone know where the session file, storing cookie data, is?

In my experience (linux/mac os) usually in the most recent file called
/tmp/ruby-sess*
Ed -. (Guest)
on 2005-11-17 19:25
epo001 wrote:

> In my experience (linux/mac os) usually in the most recent file called
> /tmp/ruby-sess*

OOps make that /tmp/ruby_sess.*

:-(
vanek (Guest)
on MS Windows PStore puts them in,
   C:\Documents and Settings\<your_home_directory>\Local Settings\Temp

i believe PStore is the default backing store for session files.

And cookies are in
   C:\Documents and Settings\<your_home_directory>\Local
Settings\Temporary Internet Files
justin (Guest)
tmatsumoto wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does anyone know where the session file, storing cookie data, is?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Todd

On Windows XP, Rails sessions are in files like

    C:\WINDOWS\Temp\ruby_sess.2a9778de5955c4a9

Note that these store serialised session state, not cookies.

regards

   Justin
bogdan.ionescu (Guest)
So they are normally stored on the temporary directory.
On windows machines that is referred as %temp%