Forum: Ruby on Rails Problem with autocompletion on firefox.

marciorf (Guest)
Im facing some problems with autocomplete on firefox.

Im using autocomplete_for helper. It shows the data correctly, but if I
select one to input, it fills the text with spaces.
That doesn't happens on IE6. I have newer versions of rails and
scriptaculous.

Using firefox developer plugin I see the following error:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
code:
0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIObserverService.removeObserver]"
nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)"  location: "JS frame ::
chrome://browser/content/browser.js :: Shutdown :: line 809"  data: no]

Can anyone help me on that?

Thanks
kevin (Guest)
There have been a couple different generator/engine implementations for
user
authentication/management floating around. I've implemented the salted
login
generator and gotten in basically working.

But now I'm upgrading to the latest rc in anticipation of going with 1.0
when it
goes final. As part of this I'm doing some refactoring as well.

This will be the last opportunity I'll have to easily change the user
authentication/management portions of my app.

What's the latest group thinking on the best way to do this? Should I
take this
opportunity to change to the 'engine' implemenation of the salted login
generator? Or is there some other package I should consider?

-k
petermichaux (Guest)
I think the lastest thinking is that engines are a good solution for
login/users because the are more maintainable than generated code.

Login Engine
User Engine
ActiveRBAC which is going to be converted into an engine soon

- Peter
ezra (Guest)
On Dec 9, 2005, at 10:25 AM, Kevin B. wrote:

> This will be the last opportunity I'll have to easily change the user
> authentication/management portions of my app.
>
> What's the latest group thinking on the best way to do this? Should
> I take this
> opportunity to change to the 'engine' implemenation of the salted
> login
> generator? Or is there some other package I should consider?
>
> -k

I personally find technoweenie's acts_as_authenticated plugin/
generator the easiest to use and extend. The salted hash has so much
indirection and is so spread out over multiple places that it is hard
to refactor into a customized version to fit your app. That is not a
problem with the one suggested above. Its nice and clean and easy to
customize. Just my opinion but it is what I use to get started on
authentication in most of my apps.

# add http://techno-weenie.net/svn/projects/plugins/
./script/plugin discover
./script/plugin install acts_as_authenticated
./script/generate authenticated user account
./script/generate authenticated_mailer user

http://techno-weenie.net/blog/

Cheers-

-Ezra Z.
Yakima Herald-Republic
WebMaster
http://yakimaherald.com
509-577-7732
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?M=E1rcio_Francisco?= (Guest)
I have found something on Demetrius blog (http://dema.ruby.org).
http://dema.ruby.com.br/articles/2005/05/06/be-car...

He says we should use javascript setTimeOut function, but as I'm using
text_field_with_auto_complete, I see no way of calling this function.

So, is there a way to use setTimeOut with text_field_with_auto_complete?
Or any other to help me with this?

Thanks