Forum: Ruby Ruby on Rails mailing list?

chris.irish (Guest)
Could someone tell me if removed_email_address@domain.invalid
<mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid> is the "main" list for rails?  Or
if there is another one?

Thanks,
Chris
jeff.darklight (Guest)
I would expect that all of that information is available to you from the
rubyonrails.org website...

j.
chris.irish (Guest)
Yeah thats where I got that one.... I was just curious if anyone knew of
any anothers
ezra (Guest)
On Dec 8, 2005, at 2:20 PM, Chris I. wrote:

No that is the only rails mailing list per say. there are some other
forums and such out there. Sitepoint.com has a ruby forum[1]. And
there is an online forum version of the ruby-talk and the rails
mailing lists here[2]. But the rails list you mentioned is the only
mailing list I know of and it has tons of traffic as well.

Cheers-

-Ezra Z.
Yakima Herald-Republic
WebMaster
http://yakimaherald.com
509-577-7732
removed_email_address@domain.invalid

[1]. http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=227
[2].  http://www.ruby-forum.com/
chris.irish (Guest)
Ezra Z. wrote:

>>> rubyonrails.org website...
> mailing list I know of and it has tons of traffic as well.
> [1]. http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=227
> [2].  http://www.ruby-forum.com/

Thanks for the info :)
mike (Guest)
On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 07:20:26AM +0900, Chris I. wrote:
> Yeah thats where I got that one.... I was just curious if
> anyone knew of any anothers

But why would people need them?

I know of the only reasonable (heh) reason to split mailing
lists: heavy traffic which can be clearly further categorized
(e.g. there's unstable users' discussion going strong, or some
particular technology emerges and corresponding threads maintain
noticeable traffic by themselves).

Then forking specialized discussions into separate lists might
help if done properly.