Forum: Ruby on Rails acts_as_taggable problem

vamlists (Guest)
Hello,

       I'm trying to use acts_as_taggable, I was able to install the gem
properly. I have the following model class:

class Contact < ActiveRecord::Base
  acts_as_taggable
end

It gives me the following error when I start script/console and do this:

 >> contact = Contact.new
NameError: undefined local variable or method `acts_as_taggable' for
Contact:Class

Maybe I'm missing something basic, because irb -r 'taggable' and irb -r
'acts_as_taggable' don't seem to work either.

TIA,
Vamsee.
ettober (Guest)

did you add require_gem ?acts_as_taggable? in your environment.rb?

Ettore

Il giorno 17/nov/05, alle ore 14:30, Vamsee K. ha scritto:
vamlists (Guest)
Ettore B. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> did you add require_gem ?acts_as_taggable? in your environment.rb?

Thanks! It worked. Didn't know I should do that.

Vamsee.