Start Learning ruby

Hello Experts,

I am starting Learning ruby, any good book to start with ? i guess i
have to learn first ruby and then will be able to learn rails ?

any suggestion to start with ?, i know lil bit of perl.

Dha J. wrote in post #1069718:

Hello Experts,

I am starting Learning ruby, any good book to start with ? i guess i
have to learn first ruby and then will be able to learn rails ?

any suggestion to start with ?, i know lil bit of perl.

The New Boston - Handy Ruby tutorial videos.

http://mislav.uniqpath.com/poignant-guide/
Why’s poignant guide to Ruby

If you are familiar with any other programming languages, you may well
start with the guides on ruby-lang.org to grab the syntax of ruby.
Some books like Eloquent Ruby are great to continue on.
2012-7-23 12:19"Dha J." [email protected]д

Try www.oldkingjames.org and click on learn to program. Has Ruby
beginners lessons

Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 22:28:27 +0900
From: [email protected]
Subject: Re: start Learning ruby
To: [email protected]

There is s really good book from wrox press
http://www.amazon.com/Beginning-Ruby-Rails-Wrox-Guides/dp/0470069155/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343050073&sr=8-1&keywords=wrox+ruby

You can also check out this blog
article:Ruby On Rails Guild: Getting Started with Ruby On Rails

There is s really good book from wrox press
http://www.amazon.com/Beginning-Ruby-Rails-Wrox-Guides/dp/0470069155/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343050073&sr=8-1&keywords=wrox+ruby

You can also check out this blog
article:Ruby On Rails Guild: Getting Started with Ruby On Rails

Forget about blogs and tutorials. Go instead with Programming Ruby 1.9
(3rd edition): The Pragmatic Programmers’ Guide from pragprog.com. I
highly recommend it. It’s by far the best ruby book I know of. It took
me a few hours a day for a week until I learned enough ruby for
practical applications and more than enough to start learning rails. For
rails checkout Agile Web D. with Rails, from the same
publishers.

Hello,

I’m not an expert but I was pretty happy with

. Didn’t read the entire thing yet but about half way the book and with
a little help from this ML I was able to write small programs.

regards

On 23 Ιουλ 2012, at 07:18 , Dha J. wrote:

Hello Experts,

I am starting Learning ruby, any good book to start with ? i guess i
have to learn first ruby and then will be able to learn rails ?

any suggestion to start with ?, i know lil bit of perl.

Panagiotis A.

The publisher can, once you pay for it.

Hi all. Thanks

Can anyone send me pdf for rails 3.2

Agile web development is the one I am looking for

[email protected] is my id

Thanks in advance

http://www.amazon.com/Beginning-Ruby-Novice-Professional-Experts/dp/1590597664