Wxruby Homepage Hijacked

Hi,

It seems like the wxruby homepage has been replaced by a mortgage
broker. I do need to refinance, but I was more interested in some
documentation on wxruby. Is this a sign that the project is fading
into oblivion? If so, I would really like to know what new
cross-platform library people are using for developing ruby desktop
applications.

Josh

Hi

It seems like the wxruby homepage has been replaced by a mortgage broker.
I do need to refinance, but I was more interested in some documentation on
wxruby.

Try the wxRuby page: http://wxruby.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl This
comes up
first on search engines.

Someone registered the domain years ago, then it lapsed and got bought
up.
It doesn’t seem to me a big enough problem to spend time or money on it.

Is this a sign that the project is fading into oblivion? If so, I would
really like to know what new cross-platform library people are using for
developing ruby desktop applications.

Fading into oblivion? Not much active development and some bugs &
problems
with newer platforms - but - a pretty complete and stable port of one of
the
most capable cross-platform GUI toolkits. You take your pick.

I’m not aware of any exciting developments in the GUI libraries for Ruby
in
the past few years, but I don’t follow it that closely these days.

Cheers
alex

Ok. Thanks. The “Homepage” link from rubygems.org takes me to the
“non” wxruby website. I’ve been using wxruby some and I like it, but
I just want to make sure that I’m not investing a lot of time into a
platform that isn’t going to last.

OK - thanks for the heads-up. We should correct that link. I’ll have to
figure out where it comes from.

alex

[email protected]] On Behalf Of Joshua Shapiro
Sent: 12 June 2012 15:05
To: General discussion of wxRuby
Subject: Re: [wxruby-users] Wxruby Homepage Hijacked

Ok. Thanks. The “Homepage” link from rubygems.org takes me to the “non”
wxruby website. I’ve been using wxruby some and I like it, but I just
want to
make sure that I’m not investing a lot of time into a platform that isn’t
going

documentation on wxruby.