Forum: Ruby tutorials on accessing Java from Ruby?

rdm (Guest)
There are several substantial Java packages that I'd like to
use and/or extend by means of Ruby.  Having no experience with
Java, let alone RJNI, I find this to be a bit intimidating.
Are there any tutorials on how to do this sort of thing?

-r
rosco (Guest)
On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 19:51:25 -0000, Rich M.

> There are several substantial Java packages that I'd like to
> use and/or extend by means of Ruby.  Having no experience with
> Java, let alone RJNI, I find this to be a bit intimidating.
> Are there any tutorials on how to do this sort of thing?
>
> -r

I've not looked into it much myself yet, but take a look at:

	http://jruby.sourceforge.net/

particularly:

	http://jruby.sourceforge.net/docs/java-highlevel.shtml