Forum: Ruby Where is RUBYOPT set?

williamerubin (Guest)
This is on Windows XP:

Checking the RUBYOPT environment variable at a command prompt reveals
that it is set to "rubygems".

However, looking at the list of environment variables in "My
Computer/Properties/Advanced/Environment Variables" does not show
RUBYOPT listed at all (in either the "user variables" section or the
"system variables" section.

Is there somewhere else that it would have been picked up from?
kyosuke (Guest)
> Is there somewhere else that it would have been picked up from?

I do have it in System variables on W2k.

Jakub
curt.hibbs (Guest)
It should be in system variables on XP as well. I just doubled checked
my XP
system and found it there.

Curt
jeff.darklight (Guest)
Curt, if you would, for future releases also put it in User Variables
that helps the folks that are doing the install from a non-administrator
account.

j.

--
"Remember. Understand. Believe. Yield! -> http://ruby-lang.org"