Forum: Ruby Test::Unit Console Runner

List R. (Guest)
on 2005-12-07 09:22
Is there anyway to pass options to the (wonderful!) Test::Unit Console
Runner to do things like increase verbosity:
* Print all passing tests
* Print all passing assertions

or decrease verbosity:
* Just the error message, and maybe a few lines of stack trace, but not
the entire stack trace!
pit (Guest)
List R. schrieb:
> Is there anyway to pass options to the (wonderful!) Test::Unit Console
> Runner to do things like increase verbosity:
> * Print all passing tests
> * Print all passing assertions
>
> or decrease verbosity:
> * Just the error message, and maybe a few lines of stack trace, but not
> the entire stack trace!

Looking at the output of "testrb -h" there seems to be no built-in way
to increase verbosity, but there are some levels in the other direction:

   -v, --verbose=[LEVEL]   Set the output level (default is verbose).
                           (s[ilent], p[rogress], n[ormal], v[erbose])

Regards,
Pit
jeff.darklight (Guest)
Also, if you take a look @ the same question when asked for the JUnit
framework, the normal answer is that
the most common method of passing arguments to tests is to use
environment
variables.  Works for me.

j.

--