Forum: Ruby Ruby compiler question

mccarthyjames (Guest)
Hey just wondering, is there a plan to add a compiler to the future
versions of ruby,
ala java compiling into bitecode for speed gains?
Christer N. (Guest)
on 2005-12-06 17:03
mccarthyjames wrote:
> Hey just wondering, is there a plan to add a compiler to the future
> versions of ruby,
> ala java compiling into bitecode for speed gains?

Yes:

http://www.google.se/search?hl=sv&q=ruby+vm&meta=
james_b (Guest)
James McCarthy wrote:
> Hey just wondering, is there a plan to add a compiler to the future
> versions of ruby,
> ala java compiling into bitecode for speed gains?

Yes.  See YARV.

http://www.atdot.net/yarv/

James

blargity (Guest)
On Tuesday 06 December 2005 08:48, James McCarthy wrote:
> Hey just wondering, is there a plan to add a compiler to the future
> versions of ruby,
> ala java compiling into bitecode for speed gains?

Yes.  Ruby 2.0 will be byte compiled.  Google for YARV.