Forum: Ruby add a task to todo

Steven M. (Guest)
on 2005-12-05 21:11

hmm no i cant get something else to work

in my controller

	def add_tasklist
		tasklist = Tasklist.new
		tasklist.attributes = @params["new_tasklist"]

		if tasklist.save
			redirect_to(:action => "list")
		else
			render_text"could not add"
	end

in my template

<form method="post" action="add_tasklist">
New Task:
<%= text_field("new_tasklist", "task") %>
<input type="submit" value="Add Task">

my database is todo, the table is tasklist, fields are id, task, done

and i get the following error

 SyntaxError in <controller not set>#<action not set>

./script/../config/../app/controllers/tasklist_controller.rb:17: syntax
error

ive tried changing the tasklist to tasklists, im not quite sure what
that means why some are tasklists and some tasklist.

thanx

Steve
drbrain (Guest)
On Dec 5, 2005, at 11:11 AM, steven masala wrote:

> hmm no i cant get something else to work
>
> in my controller

Can you please take your Rails questions to the Rails mailing list?

Eric H. - removed_email_address@domain.invalid - http://segment7.net

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com
lukfugl (Guest)
In general, I agree with Eric H., you need to take Rails questions
to the Rails mailing list. However, since it's sitting right there, I
will point out the probable culprit:

>                 if tasklist.save
>                         redirect_to(:action => "list")
>                 else
>                         render_text"could not add"

should be

  if tasklist.save
    redirect_to(:action => "list")
  else
    render_text "could not add"
  end # <= added this

In ruby, unlike C or PHP or other languages, the if statement always
has the "end" keyword as a terminator.

Jacob F.