Forum: Ruby Rote 0.2.4 (Textual templating, Doco)

rosco (Guest)

Well, I've been learning *a lot* from this group, and of course I've
kept
working on my first _real_ Ruby project to exercise my new skills, and
now
I'd like to just let you know that Rote is up to 0.2.4 as of today.

Since my last post about Rote we've had a few releases, and I've had
some
great feedback and contributions - Jonathan Paisley has been very
active,
adding those cool features I'd have never of thought of, and Lionel
Thirry
has been a great help making my documentation useful. Big thanks to both
of them!

In case you missed my last announcement, Rote is a simple textual
templating build tool based on Rake that provides a lightweight solution
for building documentation, websites, or anything else using ERB,
plain-text formatting, and layout. Briefly:

	* Build complex sectional page-based sites
	* Apply ruby code to any page or group of pages
	* Command-line or Rakefile-based build
	* Last-modified checking on all pages and resources
	* 'Monitor' functionality - render changed pages automatically
	* Little or no configuration - Convention throughout.

I feel with this release that Rote is starting to 'come of age', and I'd
love to know what others think of it, and any suggestions on how it
could
be improved. You can find us at:

	http://rote.rubyforge.org/

Thanks for the bandwidth,
Ross
lthiryidontwantspams (Guest)
Ross B. a écrit :
> Lionel Thirry  has been a great help making my documentation useful. Big
> thanks to both  of them!

Only one 'r' to 'thiry', please! ;)

--
Lionel T.

Personal web site: http://users.skynet.be/lthiry/
rosco (Guest)
On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 17:04:13 -0000, Lionel T.

> Only one 'r' to 'thiry', please! ;)

Lionel, what can I say... My sincere apologies, my hands don't seem to
be
on my side today :(
Ross B. a écrit :
> On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 17:04:13 -0000, Lionel T.
>
>> Only one 'r' to 'thiry', please! ;)
>>

> Lionel, what can I say... My sincere apologies, my hands don't seem to
> be  on my side today :(

Don't worry that much! :) There is no offense! :)

--
Lionel T.

Personal web site: http://users.skynet.be/lthiry/
rosco (Guest)
On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 09:55:23 -0000, Lionel T.

> Don't worry that much! :) There is no offense! :)

Phew! Thanks for being so cool about it - many wouldn't be so forgiving
:)