Forum: Ruby-Forum.com New to ruby on rails and programming... stuck on page 23

Tom W. (Guest)
on 2005-11-17 05:55
hi all,

I been spending days tring to resolse this error... I am following curt
hobbs tutorial "rolling with ruby on rails.  originally i installed
MySQL with a pasword so i was running into problems trying to connect.

Mysql::Error in Recipe#new
#28000Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

I removed the password and now i am getting another error:

Mysql::Error in Recipe#new
#28000Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Any info or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I am stuck and don't know how to get around this error.

thanks in advance,
enjoy the journey,
buster
Naroor R. (Guest)
on 2005-12-09 12:26
Hi buster ,
     Try out this command  now and please let me know the resullt .

ruby script/server environment=development

Thanx and regards,
Naroor R.,
www.naroor.blogspot.com
Charlie B. (Guest)
on 2005-12-13 07:42
This is a bug that is addressed in the book "Agil Web D. with
Rails".  They say to put a username in you .yaml and it will work.
John McCarthy (Guest)
on 2006-04-09 05:55
Hi, I'm having the same problem, and I tried Charlie B.'s suggestion
unsuccessfully, would anyone mind explaining the remedy in more detail
or sharing something that works?

thank you,
John
Anton (Guest)
on 2006-05-23 21:18
After making a change in database.yml, did you bounce the server? Stop
and restart whichever web server you're using so it can load the new
user info.

Best,
Anton
Pedro (Guest)
on 2007-02-24 19:42
Anton wrote:
> After making a change in database.yml, did you bounce the server? Stop
> and restart whichever web server you're using so it can load the new
> user info.
>
> Best,
> Anton

It's the solution. I had the same error because I forgot restart the
server after change database.yml

Thanks!
Matt S (Guest)
on 2007-04-16 20:01
Good solution guys, thanks.  I am also using the "Rolling with Ruby on
Rails Revisited" tutorial, and it says to configure the
'ODBC'@'localhost' connection.  If you were sucessfull at doing this
then replace the 'root' username in database.yml with 'ODBC'.  Then it
worked.