Forum: Ruby on Rails docs on dynamic methods?

cool_screen_name90001 (Guest)
With ActionMailer, you can do:

Mailer::deliver_member_registration

and it sends an email by apparently first calling the
member_registration method. The only
documentation of this I've seen is in example code.

I've also seen code like Member.find_by_username_and_email - is that a
so-called "dynamic" method
(apparently calling 'find' with username and email parameters)? I don't
think I've come across
documentation explaining the hows and whys of such methods.

thanks
csn

> I've also seen code like Member.find_by_username_and_email - is that a
> so-called "dynamic" method
> (apparently calling 'find' with username and email parameters)? I don't
> think I've come across
> documentation explaining the hows and whys of such methods.

They both use the method_missing feature of Ruby