Forum: Ruby on Rails Creating a ZIP archive purely in memory?

michael (Guest)
Has someone devised a way to create a ZIP archive purely in memory? I
know of rubyzip, but apparently it can only create an archive as a
file. That's not too bad, but if I can I'd prefer to do this in memory.

Michael

--
Michael S.                      They tell you that the darkness
mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid                  Is a blessing in

If you want to work around it, you can mount a ramdisk and zip to a
file in that...  or perhaps look at FuseFS
(http://rubyforge.org/projects/fusefs/) if you want to roll your
own...

Alternatively you could just use ZLib, but I assume you want zip for a
reason...

Cheers!

-DF
jeremy (Guest)
michael (Guest)
On Thursday 17 November 2005 01:30, Jeremy K. wrote:
> download.
Exactly. Doing this in memory and then send_data'ing would just be more
convenient than creating a temporary file and using send_file on it.

Michael

--
Michael S.                  There is no matrix,
mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid        only reality.

Thanks

Thorsten L (Guest)