Forum: Ruby ruby-postgres 0.8.0 [RC]

davelee.com (Guest)
Hello,

For the ruby-postgres users out there, I would like to announce the
coming of a 0.8.0 release.  First, some wider spread testing would be
a good idea.  The current gem is version 0.7.1.2005.11.27.  This is
basically 0.8.0 RC1 (can you do "RC1" type versioning with gems?).

What's new:

- bug and leak fixes (get_notify works)
- bind parameters (postgresql uses $1, $2, etc)
- Win32 binary gem
- results translated to ruby classes (old behavior of string results
is available with PGconn::translate_results = false)
- rows are: PGrow < Array; behave like hash, ex row['id'] or row.each
{|column,value| ...} and provides to_hash method
- rdocs (more work needed)
- simplified build
- open/connect/new with connection string or hash

New methods:

- escape_bytea/unescape_bytea
- on_notice
- transaction_status
- server_version, protocol_version
- lastval (only available when connected to postgresql >= 8.1)
- oid

feel free to let me know if you find any bugs.  feature requests are
welcome.

Dave
jeff.darklight (Guest)
Is this a pure ruby implementation or does it have a dependancy on a
postgres client library ?

j.

--
"Remember. Understand. Believe. Yield! -> http://ruby-lang.org"

Jeff W.
ysantoso-rubytalk (Guest)

> Is this a pure ruby implementation or does it have a dependancy on a
> postgres client library ?

This is the version that use libpq.
Thanks Dave L. for taking over maintainance!

YS.