Forum: Ruby-Forum.com [Req] : allow empty message text, for new topic

Alain R. (Guest)
on 2005-12-02 21:36
, after confirmation.
A nice addition would be to automatically add ' <eom>', or a
configurable suffix to the title in this case.
Andreas S. (Guest)
on 2005-12-03 14:57
Why?
Alain R. (Guest)
on 2005-12-03 15:02
  andreas wrote:
  > Why?

Example: look at most the requests I've just posted: most of them have
just "see title" as text contents, because RForum wouldn't let me post
just an empty message.

Alain R.
Kenny G. (Guest)
on 2005-12-06 19:58
aravet wrote:
>   andreas wrote:
>   > Why?
>
> Example: look at most the requests I've just posted: most of them have
> just "see title" as text contents, because RForum wouldn't let me post
> just an empty message.

Of course it depends on the use of the forum, but many people find a
chain of posts with no content and just a sentence in the subject
clutter up a forum and make it difficult to read the posts. I'd
personally prefer that RForum actively prevent people from making empty
posts with just a subject-line, as it does currently.

PS Would it not be better to collate your thoughts and post them all at
once in one message?