Forum: Ruby How to set up the RI view for RDoc in Ruby RDT for Eclipse?

nmanole (Guest)
Could someone tell me how to make the RI view in the Eclipse Ruby RDT
show RDocs? I installed the Ruby-mswin32 Windows binaries and changed
the RDT prefs to point to the ri.bat and rdoc.bat files in the bin
directory. When I go to the RI view, it says that RDoc/RI are not
installed.

>From the command line, running ri gives me docs on an arbitrary topic
so I suppose the RDT should be able to do the same, no?

Much appreciated.
zdennis (Guest)
rubynuby wrote:

I get this same issue on Winxp and I've been having problems getting it
up on my Ubuntu systems.... I'll check it out later this week and see if
there is a workaround or if a fix will have to be committed...

Zach
--rdt devel team
nmanole (Guest)
Zach,

Did you get a chance to look at this issue? I've updated to the latest
(Nov. 22) developer version of RDT and it still tells me that RI and
RDoc are not installed.

Thanks,
Adrian
Hendie D. (Guest)
Two points:

1. You have to configure the Ruby interpreter under Ruby -> Installed
Interpreters, this has to be the full executable name (mine is:
C:\InstantRails\ruby\bin\ruby.exe, assuming WinXP here!)

2. For ri and rdoc, configure under Ruby -> Ri/rdoc, and supply full
pathname to the script files (NOT the .bat files), like: Ri path:
C:\InstantRails\ruby\bin\ri .

After this you should be able to see the ri docs under the Ri view in
eclipse!

Enjoy!

H.
zdennis (Guest)
rubynuby wrote:
> Zach,
>
> Did you get a chance to look at this issue? I've updated to the latest
> (Nov. 22) developer version of RDT and it still tells me that RI and
> RDoc are not installed.
>
> Thanks,
> Adrian

No, i haven't yet. My cpu died on my server at home, I should be getting
the replacement in today. This is still on my list of todos, I haven't
forgotten. I apologize for the wait!

Zach